An exponential rise in the number of new devices and screen resolutions means that your digital asset needs to have a user interface custom built to perfectly function for each of the new devices. This is the biggest challenge that a developer faces in the mobile web development space. Creating a Responsive Web Design (RWD) holds the key to address the needs of this growing new category of users. RWD aims at designing websites and applications to ensure a great user experience is carried forward across a wide range of devices. In our blog last year, “Have You Gone Responsive Yet?” we explore the then emerging and now firmly entrenched concept in great detail. Simply put, your business is losing traction if it is not adapting to a RWD approach to web development.
Fundamentally there are 3 things required to create a RWD website:
- A flexible, grid-based layout
- Flexible images and other media
- Media queries
Twitter Bootstrap can be your answer to creating intuitive and fluid web design quite effortlessly.
What is Twitter Bootstrap?
With Twitter Bootstrap, a web developer gets an agile UI framework with Cross-browser compliance that can be easily tailored to get the best UX Design. This utility comes in handy when you are looking to embed aesthetically appealing tabs, grids, layouts, menu items, alerts, user-input forms, navigation buttons or any other UI functionality.
Our Work in Twitter Bootstrap
At Srishti Innovative, we have been using Bootstrap for some time. Some of the key projects are highlighted below
FresHires is an online social and professional self branding platform for college, university students and graduates to showcase their competitiveness for potential job opportunities, market their skills, and mutual trade of their skills.
Same Jeans gets high-end denim and apparel handcrafted in the USA into the hands of our customers by eliminating the retail markups and utilizing wearable technology.
How to be a Slim Girl
How to be a Slim Girl imparts self-help wisdom on all aspects of healthy weight loss; from confidence-building tricks and expert style advice on how to make the most of your body shape, to efficient exercise tips.
Key Features of Twitter Bootstrap
Here are few of the rich features of Twitter Bootstrap which justify its use in creating a responsive web design:
- Twitter Bootstrap Templates – This immensely popular HTML/CSS framework rides on the success of the contributions made by the open-source community. A large number of templates (free and paid) are available to get you started.
- jQuery – jQuery plugins are an integral part of the framework and include the best of user interface design features such as carousel, typeahead, scroll spy, dialog boxes and a lot more.
- Built-In Style Elements – Twitter Bootstrap integrates beautiful typography into sites and applications by including many HTML style attributes such as Fonts, icons, tables, buttons, etc.
- LESS – Styles in Twitter Bootstrap are not available in LESS. The code compilation speed is around 6 times faster than SAAS resulting in faster webpage loading.
- Mobile First – The CSS framework is tested on iOS and Android devices along classic web browsers
List of Components included into Twitter Bootstrap
a) Button groups
b) Button dropdowns
c) Navigational tabs, pills, and lists
g) Page headers and hero unit
j) Progress bars
Advantages of Twitter Bootstrap
Save lots of time — You can save lots of time and efforts using the Bootstrap predefined design templates and classes and concentrate on other development work.
Responsive features — Using Bootstrap you can easily create responsive designs.
Consistent design — All Bootstrap components share the same design templates and styles through a central library, so that the designs and layouts of your web pages are consistent throughout your development.
Compatible with browsers — Twitter Bootstrap is created with modern browsers in mind and it is compatible with all modern browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Opera.
As more and more users access your website or applications in newer ways using a wide variety of devices, it becomes important to rise up to the challenge and embrace emerging technologies like never before. Twitter Bootstrap is your answer if you want to focus more on the functionality side of your website and applications and less on things like cross-browser compatibility and styling. Contact us today and let us help you take Bootstrap for a test drive with your next project.